Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm Moving!

No, not to my 36th residence (well, OK, yeah, that's happening too, but that's not the subject of this post).  After nearly two years on Blogger, I'm moving over to Wordpress.

I've also got a fancy new domain name, one that I think will make it simpler for people to find me.  See, when I started this blog in June 2011 (pretty much on a whim), I foolishly chose a long name for my blog and went with the free blogspot domain name.  That resulted in my URL being karen-lifetheuniverseandeverything.blogspot.com, which I think you'll agree is pretty awkward.  I also had no idea what I wanted this blog to be.

In the nearly two years of writing this blog, I've begun to figure out who I am as a writer.  Perhaps the greatest discovery I've made is that I am a writer, not just someone who likes to write.  So I haven't published a book yet.  So my publishing credentials consist of a couple dozen sermons at www.DesperatePreacher.com and a single newspaper article that made it out of my journalism class and into the town paper back in high school.  I have this blog.  I have my independent publishing house Quiet Publications, where I'll begin publishing inspirational daily devotions on Sunday, May 19.  That's also where I'll make available some bible studies I've written, and I have a number of longer writing projects I'm working on for that, both nonfiction and fiction.  I'm also getting ready to launch another blog that will focus entirely on homeschooling, since that seems to be taking up a great deal of my time and attention these days, and I'm just at the very beginning of that journey!

But I also have opinions on politics and religion.  I'd like to share some of my observations about what I see going on around me.  I'd like to talk about the process of writing.  I'd like a place where I can just be me and write whatever strikes my fancy, whether it's a profound insight on the human condition or a silly meme.  As I continue to find my place as a religious writer, homeschool blogger, and novelist, I'd like to have one place to tie all that together.

So that's why I'd like you to bookmark and/or subscribe to the new home of Karen's Take on Life, the Universe, and Everything at www.KarenGoltz.com.  (Creative, huh?)

I have ported all my archives (though not the comments--sorry!), and from now on, all future posts will be at www.KarenGoltz.com.  I truly hope to see you over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment